Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"It's really not that big a deal"

Those are Thompson's words about switching to the 3-4.  Wade Phillips agrees.  

I generally have a lot of faith in Thompson, but I am somewhat taken aback by his nonchalant statement.  

Again, I recognize that I'm more of a Nervous Pervis about the switch than most others.  Still this following passage must make just about everyone a little bit nervous:

Not everyone around the Senior Bowl is buying that the Packers won't have to adapt much both with the players they already have and the players they scout for the draft and free agency.

One person who worked with coach Mike McCarthy laughed when told McCarthy said "most of the pieces are already" in Green Bay to run the 3-4.

A Minnesota Vikings official was happy to hear the Packers were switching schemes.

The one thing that I find comforting about stories like this is that there are three scouts in the league that think Vince Young is a better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers.  The point is that the quality of NFL scouts varies dramatically.  So I'm not going to freak out just because a couple of them think its comical that the Packers are switching to the 3-4.  But it doesn't exactly calm my nerves.



No comments:

Post a Comment