Sunday, April 19, 2009

More Info on Paulus

Greg Paulus was on PTI last week talking about his opportunities to play football next year.  The interesting new fact that has come out is that it was the Packers that planted the idea in Paulus's head that he should give football another go.










Now, in addition to potentially signing an NFL free agent contract, he appears to have multiple opportunities to play college ball next year.


I'd be fascinated to hear the Packers' motivation for seeking him out. I'm all for thinking outside the box and assume they were evaluating whether to sign him as an undrafted free agent later this spring. To me, it's the equivalent of college basketball coaches recruiting internationally. Everyone should use every avenue available for procuring talent.

But what about Paulus made him worth the Packers' time? Do the Packers think he can be an NFL quarterback? A receiver? Is he an athlete in need of a position?

I agree.  I would love to know what the Packers were thinking.

Of course, I know there are fans that will look at this as conclusive proof that Thompson is "arrogant."  Yawn.  Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment