Friday, May 1, 2009

The Obligatory Favre Post

Favre is re-unretiring.  There is little doubt in my mind.  Although I am somewhat doubtful that any team would genuinely want him as a starter after how dreadful he was down the stretch last year (and the year before that, and the year before that . . . . )  



I always got the feeling Brett would one day like to do what Roger Clemens did in Major League Baseball for a few years: pick a team and come back and play for them in the middle of the season and lead them on a run into the postseason.

Which I think would be an excellent idea:

Favre undoubtedly can still play, it is just looking more and more like he can't play  16 game season anymore.  But he does seem to have a stellar 8 to 10 games a year in him before he wears out.The solution is really simple.  Next year, Favre needs to sit out the first 10 games of the season and then go to a team in playoff contention that needs a QB.  Stay in shape, of course, but wait until the beginning of November to start playing football.

Brandt makes a great point that stepping into a starting QB role is not as simple as taking the mound in MLB.  Nevertheless, Favre had only been on the Jets team for a few weeks by September of last year, and he was playing quite well.  

In any event, this will never happen.  He loves his stupid streak way too much to miss a few early season games, and of course he wants to "stick it to" Thompson and by extension, the Packers.  Favre is petty and vindictive and has become the most ridiculous and hilarious (and unimposing) villain since Bennett in the highly-acclaimed film Commando.




This, by the way, could be the greatest scene in cinema.  I love how after Bennett is thrown from the electric fence (why is there a random electric fence in the basement?) he is able to gather his senses enough to punch Arnie in the balls.  Classic Bennett move.

The only problem that I have with this scene is that it is a tad unrealistic.  No, its not unrealistic that Arnie could throw a pipe through Bennett's chain mail tank top, his body, and through the steam pipe behind him, what is unrealistic is that before all of the steam emerges from the pipe that impales Bennett, there should have huge hunk of flesh that shoots out of the pipe.  (You know, like a potato cannon).

.

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest authoring on other
    websites? I have a blog centered on the same topics you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my viewers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel
    free to shoot me an e mail.

    Stop by my site Cccam for openbox s10

    ReplyDelete
  2. A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment. There's no doubt that that you ought to publish more about this issue, it might not be a taboo subject but usually people don't discuss these topics.
    To the next! Many thanks!!

    Also visit my page: free sky channels Without

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm planning to
    start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely
    unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic
    but I had to ask!

    my web-site :: Existing Customers 2012

    ReplyDelete