Sunday, January 24, 2010

What a letdown.

Last May I wrote:

The combined choking power of the Vikings and Favre has the potential to be the Hall & Oates of choking, the Cagney & Lacey of season ending disasters, and the Tango & Cash of missed opportunities

Well, the Favrikings choked. I know this much is true.

But, I was expecting something epic, like Favre intercepting his own pass and returning it the wrong way for a safety. I guess I have to settle for the Vikings lining up for their final play to set up field goal, but instead get called for 12 men in the huddle, which forces the Vikings to pass, which forces Favre to force the pass, which is intercepted. It's still good stuff. In the neighborhood of Chris Webber's extra timeout call. But, I guess I was expecting something more.

Favre is still finding ways to disappoint me.

1 comment:

  1. An Abbott and Costello reference is fitting: WHO's not suppose to be in the 12 man huddle? WHAT the hell were you thinking? I DON'T KNOW = Brad Childress!!!

    ReplyDelete